SpecMat Logsheet: 8/15/06

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 15 08:46:23 PDT 2006

All,

We only have two open items, so today's 1:30 meeting should be quick.

1) We want to qualify some films deposited locally here at IBM
Almaden for use as 'semi-clean-B' materials at SNF. These films are W
or Ni on Si/SiO2 deposited by sputtering in a cleanroom here.  Could
you please give me a list of elements we should be looking for? Is it
enough to just do a TXRF using the W source? How many points should we measure?

Comments: This is slow because they are looking for a predefined
checklist and not an interactive discussion.  I have not been
successful in getting the history or  material usage of the their
tool.  We should be able to resolve this, with a few more email iterations.

2) AFM imaging of Ru(C5H7O2)3 and
4,4',4''-Tris(N-3-methylphenyl-N-phenylamino)triphenylamin which has
been deposited outside of SNF.

Comments: This should be approved.

I have left a number of items visible in today's spreadsheet.  Please
look them over and see if you have any comments.  If I don't receive
any comments by the end of the week, I will inform the users of
SpecMats decision.

Ed