disagreement politicize

Barbara Strickland nzo at gigg25.freeserve.co.uk
Fri Aug 25 14:38:11 PDT 2006

The only otherplaces where people are herded like this are barracks and hospitals.
There was a woman among us, the firstwoman tramp I had ever seen.
It waslittle Scotty, the Glasgow tramp, who had run after us panting. So powerful is the word gentleman in an old soldiersear. Well, thats bloody bad luck, guvnor,he said; bloody bad luck that is. If they made these places toocomfortable, youd have all the scum of the country flocking into them.
Now Oxford, thats the place formoochin, Oxford is. In the end his perseverance was rewarded, for he picked up a penny. She went to his house; that dirty skunkHad packed his bags and done a bunk,O unhappy Bella! The air was like sweet-briar after the spikes mingledstenches of sweat, soap, and drains. She went to his house; that dirty skunkHad packed his bags and done a bunk,O unhappy Bella! Atramp, therefore, is a celibate from the moment when he takes to the road. All night she tramped the cruel snows,What she must have suffered nobody knows,O unhappy Bella!
It is a curious thing, but very few people know what makes a tramptake to the road. Then I heard a hurried step behind us, and someone calling. I have never been there myself, but Bozo had been there often. The following figures, published by the L.
With all this, he could laugh over the loss of hisrazor.
At thismoment a pale watery stuff called beer is sevenpence a pint in England. The Salvation Armyhostels would only appeal to people who put cleanliness before anythingelse.
Once when Brother Bootle stood up a tramp called out, Twoto one e dont beat seven minutes!
In thepublic wards of a hospital no one even hopes to sleep well. It was not long before we were making far more noise than theminister. The result is a perpetual racket, making sleep impossible.
Atramp, therefore, is a celibate from the moment when he takes to the road. It was much like Romton and Edbury, and we saw nothingof the ghost.
Nowadays they are kept idle, because there is seemingly nothingfor them to do.
I sawthat I had awakened the pew-renter who sleeps in every English workman. You dont want to judge them by the same standards as men like you andme.
Luckily I still had some tobacco, so that the daymight have been worse.