Iron(III) Chloride, toluene and Poly (styrene-b-acrylic acid)

Xi Steven Liu xliu9 at ucsc.edu
Thu Aug 24 15:54:26 PDT 2006

Dear SpecMat Committee,

This is the request for bringing in my own chemicals into
cleanroom for spin casting (Au contaminated).
My coral name: xliu9
my PI: Alan Cassell from NASA Ames research center
email: xliu9 at ucsc.edu
The chemicals:
Poly(styrene-b-acrylic acid) from polymersource,
Inc.(www.polymersource.com)
Iron(III) chloride from Sigma-Aldrich
(www.sigmaaldrich.com)
Toluene from Sigma-Aldrich(www.sigmaaldrich.com)

Please see the attached process.
~140mg poly(styrene-b-acrylic acid) is added in 10-15ml
toluene, then ~20mg FeCl3 is added in the polymer
solution. Finally, the iron loaded solution is stored into
a 20 ml vial. All the processes are prepared outside of
cleanroom. I will bring this vial loaded solution in
cleanroon for spin casting on Si.For each casted
substrate, I only need 20ul of the solution.
I will not store the solution in SNF.

Thank you

Xi Liu (Steven), Ph.D.
NASA Ames Research Center