Need permision to bringing materials

Mang-Mang Ling mling at stanford.edu
Mon Feb 27 10:36:19 PST 2006

My contact Info:

Mang-mang (mike) Ling (qualified SNF user)
650-725-3144(Lab),
mling at stanford.edu
Bao Group of Chemical Engineering

Material:

Si substrate with a thin film of pentacene (organic semiconductor,
stable under high vacumm and elivated substrate temperature) as active layer
for thin film transistors

Si substrate with a layer of fully cured PDMS
(poly(dimethylsiloxane)) as dielectric layer

Reason for request:

Use Innotec evaporator to deposite metal (Ru)
as electrodes to complete the transistor devices

Process flow:

In our own lab, frist make fully cured PDMS
(poly(dimethylsiloxane)) layer ( 1 micron) on top of Si wafer;
or use SiO2 layer as dielectric layer

Then vacuum deposite pentacene thin film (about 50 nm) in our own lab

Finally, use Innotec Evaporator to deposite Ruthenium
as metal electrodes (about 40 nm) to complete the devices

Amount and form:

Pentacene: 40 nm thin film on Si wafer
PDMS: fully cured thin layer on Si wafer

Storage:
Do not need to store pentacene or PDMS
(Need to store Ru as starter material for metal deposition)

Disposal:
Do not need to dispose pentacene or PDMS