request to use PDMS in P5000

Alissa M. Fitzgerald amf at amfitzgerald.com
Tue Jan 3 11:50:09 PST 2006

Hello SpecMat,

I would like to request permission to put wafers with a layer of PDMS in the
P5000 in order to do aluminum etch.  We need to etch 0.5um of aluminum that
has been deposited over a 500um layer of cured PDMS.

We need to use the P5000 to satisfy the requirements of our customer
(Applied Materials); wet etch of the metal will not be acceptable, lift-off
techniques are not acceptable either.  Our ability to perform this project
at the SNF is contingent on our being able to use the P5000.

The proposed process is as follows:

Deposit and cure 500um thick layer of PDMS
Deposit 0.5um of Aluminum using Gryphon
Apply photoresist
Expose using Nikon stepper (CD = 0.7 um)
Develop
Timed etch of aluminum in P5000, down to PDMS layer
Resist strip

Please let me know if you have any questions.  Please also let me know how
soon I could expect a response (either yes/no) as we need to make some
time-critical decisions.

Best regards,
Alissa

Alissa M. Fitzgerald, Ph.D.