request to use PDMS in P5000/gryphon

Alissa M. Fitzgerald amf at amfitzgerald.com
Wed Jan 4 14:13:50 PST 2006

Hi Mary, Jim,

Thanks for the info.  Based on your information, and Jim's most recent
email, does this mean it is approved for use in the P5000?  (Also, as a side
note, based on the number of inquiries I get regarding PDMS, SpecMat may
want to consider and publicize a general policy with regards to this
material.  I think it's an important material that is gaining popularity in
MEMS, esp. with regards to medical and biotech applications.)

The process is aggressive and experimental.  Honestly, I am not sure this it
is going to work, but the customer is interested in trying it out. We may
need to start with different PDMS thickness, bigger CD's, etc.

We will need permission to put PDMS in the gryphon, too.  We need to use
aluminum.

Regards,
Alissa