Etching equipment for devices containing platinum

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Jan 6 16:13:47 PST 2006

Hi Lizzie --

Nancy is right -- the MRC etcher could be used for physical/sputter
etching of metals using Argon.  It would be helpful to know what films
are on your wafers -- their order and thicknesses (is it SU8 on top of
Pt on top of SiO2?  Does the SU8 contain the pattern to be etched into
Pt and SiO2?)  It would also be helpful to know what kind of structure
size you require and your device toleratnces (uniformity, sidewall
profile, etc.)  These factors will help determine if there are etch
tools or etching methods in our lab that could be used.

Thanks!

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu