[Fwd: e-copies of MSDSs]

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 9 10:25:53 PST 2006

Hi everyone --

John Wasserbauer submitted this request on 12/14 and we asked for
electronic MSDS's, which he provided on 12/19.  He's asking for an
answer today.

Looking over the MSDS info, it looks like two of these etchants are not
compatible with oxidizing chemicals and some organics.  However,
ethylene diamine-based etchants are an industry standard (although most
people use KOH now) and I would suggest that we come up with procedures
(i.e., very limited volumes, local collection of waste, ban other users
at the station, etc.) to allow use.

What do you think?

mtang at stanford.edu