new chemical: silver nitrate in water

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Jan 12 17:50:55 PST 2006

Hi Alex --

Could you provide an MSDS for the solution you plan to use?  It would be
helpful for our records if you have an electronic version, as we are
building our electronic database.  Also, exactly how do you plan to
setup your system at this bench?  I'm afraid I'm having a little
difficulty envisioning how this will be setup at the CTB.  And I'm
curious as to why an autoclave was used (I wonder if it's because
temperature control of teflon labware is difficult or if pressure was
required to prevent evaporation, as you probably couldn't use an
ordinary reflux unit...)  Do you end up with silver onto everything?
(If so, it would be nice if you could provide your own labware.)

mtang at stanford.edu