request to use PDMS in P5000/gryphon

Alissa M. Fitzgerald amf at amfitzgerald.com
Fri Jan 13 17:33:39 PST 2006

Hello SpecMat,

Regarding my requests, I need to understand what further information is
required to help move this decision process forward.

I am going to acquire data sheets from Dow on chemical composition as
requested by Mary.

It seems that the main concern is not PDMS cleanliness, but the possibility
of metal peeling off the PDMS in the chamber and creating particles that are
hard to clean out.  Is this a concern for both the P5000 and the Gryphon?

Our priority is for approval to go into the P5000.  As far as the Gryphon,
one option would be for us to do metallization at an outside vendor and then
provide TXRF data to demonstrate it is clean enough to come back in to the
lab.  That way we can dodge the need to get approval for PDMS in Gryphon.

What other information is needed to help you make the decision?  How shall
we best gather that information?  Do preliminary tests need to be done??  If
so, what are they?  Would it help for me to hunt around for literature
examples, or get testimonials from other fabs working with this material?
Would you prefer to constrain the thickness of the PDMS allowed in the
chamber to address metal peeling concerns?

I need to emphasize that we need a decision on whether PDMS can go in the
P5000 *before* we start processing.  I can not start to burn the client's
budget on a certain process path and then be unable to finish that path
because Spec Mat eventually decided to deny the request.

Please let me know your thoughts.

Best regards,
Alissa