SpecMat Response

phil_barth at agilent.com phil_barth at agilent.com
Fri Jan 27 10:36:18 PST 2006

Hi Ed.

What elements do you want to look for?

Phil

-----Original Message-----
From: Ed Myers [mailto:edmyers at stanford.edu]
Sent: Thursday, January 26, 2006 3:53 PM
To: phil_barth at agilent.com
Cc: specmat at snf.stanford.edu
Subject: SpecMat Response

Phil,

SpecMat has reviewed your request to run Pt in Stanford's Nanofabrication
Facilities Atomic Layer Deposition System (ALD).  We are willing to allow
you to run your sample in the ALD with the following restrictions.

Since the ALD system is used for processing at the gate level, we need
verification that your sample is of high cleanliness.  As a result we need
chemical analysis to show your samples meet our contamination
levels.  Approved analysis techniques TXRF, TOF-SIMs or IPC-MS.  We need to
see contamination levels lower than 1E11 cm-2.

The analysis does not have to be on your sample, but it must be
representative of all the processing your sample will see before it comes
in to our facility.  We are concerned with contamination coming from both
the frontside and backside of your sample.

We will also need to work with you to determine a clean, at our facility
prior to loading the sample in to the chamber.

If you have any further questions or concerns please feel free to contact
me or Paul Rissman.

Regards,
Ed