SpecMat Logsheet, June 30, 2006

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Fri Jun 30 09:37:28 PDT 2006

All,

I will be out of town next week, or regular meeting week.  Here is
the update on open request along with my recommendations.

Item 175: Ge processing request.
communities.  The user community asked to see the specifics of
Jung-Yup Kim's cleans experiments.  The concern was over usage of %
removal without any indication as to the actual contamination
levels.  The community also asked for the requesters to run an
experiment where a Si wafer was intentionally contaminated and
cleaned through our standard pre-diff clean and compare it with an
intentionally contaminated Ge wafer ran through the proposed cleaning
sequence.
Results: Nothing was forthcoming from the requesters.  We I asked for
an update I was verbally told Jung-Yup's contamination levels are in
the order of 1E11cm2 and the contamination process was confidential
to the company who did the intentional contamination.  The requesters
also have designed their own experiment and have sent wafers out for
TXRF analysis.  When I received copy of the experiment, it is not
what the community asked for and I question if the community will
consider it a viable experiment.  I have not heard back from them
after I pointed out this discrepancy.
Recommendation: Wait until we see the results and possibly hold
another meeting with the user community.

Item 186: Evaporate GeTe in the innotec
Comment: If you read the Te MSDS, it's not a user friendly
material.  Last week I asked if we wanted to support this material
but did not get any response.  Te2 has a vapor pressure between Zn
and Mg, which are below the In cut-off.
Recommendation:  Udayan indicated he might be able to use Vanadium
instead of GeTe.  This might be a safer approach.

Item 187: High temperature ammonia anneals
Recommendation:  Approve.  While the MSDS talks about autoignition at
650C, it also says the gas is non-explosive when exposed to open flames.

Item 188: 70C Ti silicide strip in 5:1:1  [ DI water: H2O2: NH4F]
Recommendation: Hold off.  User is evaluating sulfuric:peroxide mixture

Item 190: Semiclean W and Ni from IBM.
Recommendation: On-going

Item 191: V and Si deposition in SCT
Recommendation: Outside of particles, Si should be OK.  V has a deep
level donor trap in Si at 0.49 eV, similar to Cr (0.41 eV).  It
should be OK to add V.

Item 192: Deposition of Mg, CuI or CuCl in Metalica
Recommendation: On-going.  Mg is a low vapor pressure material, less
than our In cut-off.  Mohammed is getting the MSDS data for CuI and CuCl.

Item 193: JSR NFR 105G negative resist
Recommendation:  Default to Mahnaz

Item 194: HF Vapor on Cr or Au
Recommendation: Decline.  Gary Yama's rule of thumb for the system is
"only wafers which can come out of wbdiff."

Item 195: photo-patternable silicone
Recommendation: Requested process flow, but there is concern over the
silicone compound.  Mary is also working on this request and material.

Item 196: PECVD SiO2 on ZnSe and GaAs
Recommendation: What is our history with the STS PECVD and these
materials?  The system runs at 360C.