Belated LogSheet with comments.

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Thu Mar 2 15:50:55 PST 2006

All,

I've completed the update to the SpecMat logsheet and have added a couple
more items which popped up this week.

1) Saeroonter Oh: Phosphorosilicafilm 5e20 and Borofilm 100
I've gotten a couple of revisions on her process flow, but it's still
missing some detail.  I owe a response to try an close the the open
items.  The critical steps to the process are:

silicon substrate clean wet bench diffusion Pre-Diffusion Clean
RTA rtaag/ag4108 Put wafer face down on to source wafer (with Si spacers)
silicon substrate clean wet bench diffusion Pre-Diffusion Clean
LTO deposition LPCVD 400C

RECOMMENDATION: The source wafers are not mentioned in the process
flow.  The request is for the "Clean" RTA since the doping is for the gate
level, but I'm more inclined to suggest the Semiclean / silicide AG4100.

2) Chris Earhart: Etch Si Using Polystyrene shpere mask in Drytek 2
Previously we approved the same process and tools for Chris for etching SiO2.
RECOMMENDATION: I don't see any reason why this should not be approved.

3) Mang-Mang Ling: Ru evaporation on PDMS
Ru is an approved metal for the Innotec.  The question comes with running
PDMS through the system.  As Mary pointed out PDMS is approved for the
Metalica.  Deposition in the Innotec does not have the sputtering component
and have less effect on the PDMS.
RECOMMENDATION: I don't see any reason why this should not be approved.

4) Rohit S Shenoy: once the Ni is taken off, can the subsequent wet cleans
be done at the wbsilicide or wbmetal (PRX-127/PRS-1000)?
This is what we told a user of SemicleanB metals a year ago: "Beakers for
Resist strip, PRS 1000 OK for clean wafers. WBMetal for Semiclean
metals"  If I translate, it seems to say PRS1000 in WBMetal is an approved
process.
RECOMMENDATION: Previously approved at WBmetal

5) Hideo Iwase: etch silver or aluminum film in PlasmaQuest
Jim already stated there is no RIE for silver.  The next question, does his
sample require him to be in the PQuest for the Al etch or can he use the P5000.
RECOMMENDATION: I will find out if his sample is compatible with the
P5000.  If it is not compatible, approve for the PQuest.  Jim, do we need
the PQuest communities approval or is this an already established process?

6) Jim Kruger: NanoImprint HardStamp process
The request is for Quartz etching using a Cr hardmask in the AMT
etcher.  The Cr will come from the Innotec or possibly from the Metalica.
RECOMMENDATION: This process has been ran in the past, but not fully
documented by SpecMat.  I feel it's something we have to do to support the
Nanoimprint program.

7) Jun-Fei: BCL3 or Cl2 to etch TiN which stops on Ga2O3 in PQuest
Jim is this an established Pquest process?  Will we raise concern with the
fact we will be stopping on Ga2O3?
RECOMMENDATION: Seems like a compatible process if we can get PQuest
community buy-in.

8) Colby Bellew: Mo etching in Pquest
Colby stopped concerning his Mo etching.  To date he has tested the CF4,
SF6 and C2F6 chemistries.  One recommendation was combining F22 with C2F6
(I think).  Unfortunately, we do not have a system which is plumbed with
both gas sources.  His question was, does he put in a SpecMat request to
have F22 plumbed to a system or ?
RECOMMENDATION: Can we say he has done due diligence in testing fluorine
etching and can we approach the PQuest community to allow him to run his Mo
etch test.  There was a couple of PQuest community members who approved
Colby's initial request.