PVDF allowed?

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Mar 8 15:03:46 PST 2006

Hi Kevin --

I think it would be helpful to have a SpecMat request describing what
you'd like to do.  PVDF has been used in the lab before, but as it's a
polymer, there's a limited set of equipment that it can be used in (we
don't want it in furnaces, for example.)  The equipment would depend on
cleanliness level in terms of metal contaminants.  Medical grade PVDF,
for example, is sterile, but has metal contaminants which make it
unacceptable for electronics.  If you have a process flow in mind and a
spec sheet for the material you'd like to use, we can help you build a
compatible process from there.

Does that help?

mtang at stanford.edu