SpecMat Logsheet, March 14,02006

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 13 15:46:21 PST 2006

SpecMat Members,

There is a conflict between the SpecMat meeting and Paul's All hands
meeting for tomorrow.  Between the meeting conflicts and the open SpecMat
items, I don't think we need to meet.  This is a little risky, since I only
heard from one member concerning the items from two weeks ago.  By default,
I went with the recommendations.  I will do the same with these items, if I
don't hear any complaints by the end of the week.

Carry Over Items.

>1) Saeroonter Oh: Phosphorosilicafilm 5e20 and Borofilm 100
>I've gotten a couple of revisions on her process flow, but it's still
>missing some detail.  I owe a response to try an close the the open
>items.  The critical steps to the process are:
>
>silicon substrate clean wet bench diffusion Pre-Diffusion Clean
>RTA rtaag/ag4108 Put wafer face down on to source wafer (with Si spacers)
>silicon substrate clean wet bench diffusion Pre-Diffusion Clean
>LTO deposition LPCVD 400C
>
>RECOMMENDATION: The source wafers are not mentioned in the process
>flow.  The request is for the "Clean" RTA since the doping is for the gate
>level, but I'm more inclined to suggest the Semiclean / silicide AG4100.

RECOMMENDATION 2:  Approve the process flow for the AG4100 or the rtaag,
but no the 4108.  This was proposed to the user earlier, but I did not get
a response.

New Items

1) Colby Bellow:  Mo etch in PQuest using Cl. I never received a response
from you about the fluorine etch suggestions that you made.  Again,  I
noticed that F-22 is available to the Dryteks but I could not find F-124
available on any gold contaminated machines.  Is this correct?  Is it
somewhere available?  Can you recommend some etch chemistries?  CF4 is not
currently available to drytek4.  Should we try CF4 with F-22?

RECOMMENDATION: Approve one session on the PQuest for testing the Cl
etch.  Jim, will this meet with the PQuest communities approval?

3) Kevin Huang:  Is PVDF (Polyvinylidene fluoride) allowed in the clean
equipments or any equipments at all?
3/8/06: Mary requested process flow information.

RECOMMENDATION: Waiting on more specific process information, since the
request was to vague.

4) Ben Chui:  Enclosed is a report for a TXRF analysis recently done at
Charles Evans (aka Evans Analytical Group) for a material that we'd like to get
approved for use inside SNF. The material in question is aluminum nitride
(AlN); the wafer that was analyzed also had a layer of Molybdenum (Mo).
Since we are trying to develop etches for the AlN, we can't predict exactly
which pieces of equipment we're going to want to use in SNF yet.  My best
guess at this point on a possible equipment set is drytek1/2, P5000 and the
MRC; and one of the wetbenches (wbmetal; wbsilicide; or wbgeneral). Maybe
you can advise us as to which of the equipment is suitable based on your
evaluation of the TXRF report.
3/16/06, email: From your data you have one Copper reading of 156±9 E-10and
an iron reading of 97±6 E10, which is just above the Semiclean threshold.
If your samples can go through a pre-diffusion type clean we maybe able to
lower the metal contamination levels to get your samples in to the P500 and
Drytek 1 and the WBsilicide and WBmetal.  Of course your samples can go in
to any of the gold contaminated equipment.

RECOMMENDATION:  I emailed our cleanliness guidelines.  We should wait for
Ben's response and or concerns.