material

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Mar 13 16:15:49 PST 2006

Hi Mike --

Sorry for the delay.   I believe it was just officially approved, but
there may be a couple of things you will probably want to consider
before proceeding.

I was just speaking with Jim Kruger, another labmember here who has
worked with Ru and who is also embarking on a project with pentacene...
He says that his handbook indicates that ebeam evaporation of Ru is
probably not a good idea.  He has experience with sputtering in
Metalica, however, and says it works, but that the nonuniformity is
about 30%.  He suggests that it's probably better to use metalica
anyway, since it's likely to run at a lower dep temperature than
innotec, which might be important for pentacene.  Jim says he'd be glad
to talk with you about Ru (especially its toxiic oxides, which you have
to watch for in your processing.)  And as he's just starting to work
with pentacene, he would appreciate information on this material as
well.  Jeannie Perez, I'm sure, also has some specific info about Ru
processing from her notes.  Could you please speak with both of them
before you decide what kind of target or source to order?

And please do let us (Jeannie and SpecMat) know what you find.

mtang at stanford.edu