SpecMat Logsheet 11/8/06

John Shott shott at stanford.edu
Tue Nov 7 10:16:15 PST 2006

Ed et al:

I may have forgotten to raise the following question.

Harold Ackler from Binghamton Univ (back near Cornell, I think) used to
use Protek from Brewer Scientific as an organic protective layer that
stands up to long KOH etches.  Harold is interested in using this here
... but it seemed to me that this was likely a material that would be of
broader interest here and, if so, something that we should formalize.

The link to Protek at Brewer Science is:
http://www.brewerscience.com/products/sm/product-information/mems-products

The datasheet for Protek B1 (which is the version that Harold has used
in part because it can be stripped in acetone, or NMP, or their own
strippers.  I think that B1-18 and B1-25 are essentially the same except
for viscosity.

Here is a presentation that describes typical use:

http://www.brewerscience.com/fileadmin/bsi/home/products/SpecialtyMaterials/Upload_Files/sm_pdfs/ProTEK_B_pres_A60825.pdf

And attavched are the MSDSs from B1-18 and B1-25:

Does anyone have any experience with this material or
questions/concerns.  It would certainly appear to provide useful
functionality.

Thanks,

John