buffoon

Archibald Cochran mkexr at brcml.org.au
Mon Oct 16 06:37:22 PDT 2006

The only Easternraces that have developed at all quickly are the independent ones. Like all bachelors servants, KoSla was lazy and dirty, and yet he was devoted to Flory.
Well, doctor, wevebeen arguing so much that I havent asked for your news. The evil time ofday was beginning, the time, as the Burmese say, when feet aresilent.
It wass that thatput the idea into my head.
Ive heard a good deal about U Po Kyin from various sources,Flory said.
How could the Rice Ring go onskinning the unfortunate peasant if it hadnt the Government behindit? Creeping round the world building prisons. They were intimate enough to laugh over thedoctors queer English occasionally. We darent; frightened of thecompetition in industry. That fact iss, my friend, there iss a most unpleasant businessafoot.
And consider how noble a type iss the English gentleman!
My friend, my friend, you are forgetting the Oriental character.
How could the Rice Ring go onskinning the unfortunate peasant if it hadnt the Government behindit? In the eighteenth century the Indians cast guns thatwere at any rate up to the European standard.
Call them niggers or Aryans or whatyou like.
But the trees avenge themselves, as the oldchap says in The Wild Duck. Cant do anything unless youput your foot down firmly.
Teaching bazaar sweepers theyre as good as we are. The evil time ofday was beginning, the time, as the Burmese say, when feet aresilent. And then, what a lesson that will teach them! The unswerving British Justice and the Pax Britannica.
Thecountrys only rotten with sedition because weve been too softwith them. He was notorious for his soft-heartedness, and allthe beggars in Kyauktada made him their target.
In the eighteenth century the Indians cast guns thatwere at any rate up to the European standard. It might explain that black mark on hisface. A pack of Madrassi servants and Karen school-teachers. Theres a kind of spurious good-fellowshipbetween the English and this country.
Living and working among Orientals would try thetemper of a saint. A damp patch was growing larger and larger in the backof Mr Macgregors silk coat.
Well, perhaps theywill discover their mistake when it is too late.
Such a relief tobe out of the stink of it for a little while.
Then he put on his pink gaungbaung and musliningyi and brought the tea-tray to his masters bedside. Really I think the laziness of these servants is getting tooshocking, she sighed.
Of course drink is what keeps the machinegoing. Theres a kind of spurious good-fellowshipbetween the English and this country.