Bringing in Si and GaAs pieces in the lab.

Van Dorpe Pol pvandorp at imec.be
Wed Oct 25 14:41:02 PDT 2006

Dear Mr/Ms,

I just had the general safety tour and the all-litho tour.
Coral login: vandorpe, phone number: 650 3915548
I am in stanford as a visiting scholar in the group of Mark Brongersma.

I have brought some samples with me from Imec, Belgium (www.imec.be),
that I would like to process in the SNF lab.

I have 4 kinds of samples:

1. one GaAs quarter: (an AlGaAs/GaAs heterostructure, covered with Al2O3
and Ge)

2. 6 pieces of Si/(thermally grown) SiO2, covered with a protective
layer of resist. These samples have been processed (i.e. grown and
diced) in the Imec clean room (the CMOS compatible production line)

3. 4 pieces of Si/SiO2/Al2O3, covered with a protective layer of resist.
These samples have also been processed (grown and diced) in the Imec
clean room: the SiO2 is thermally grown, while the Al2O3 (8A) is
deposited by atomic layer deposition. Everything also in the CMOS
compatible production line

4. 6 pieces of processed Si/SiO2/Au  wafers. These contain Au and have
been processed in the III-V part of the Imec cleanroom

The processing that I want to do involve optical lithography, a wet
oxidation (LOCOS - with a Ge hard mask), e-beam lithography and Au
deposition (2 times)

Can I bring these pieces with me?

Best regards,

Pol Van Dorpe

Dr. ir. Pol Van Dorpe
Imec- MCP/ART
Currently active in Stanford as a visiting scholar in the group of Prof.
Mark Brongersma (GLAM, Mat. Science & Eng. Dept.)

Phone: +32 16 28 10 26
Fax: +32 16 28 15 01
E-mail: Pol.Vandorpe at imec.be

IMEC vzw  -  Register of Legal Entities Leuven VAT BE 0425.260.668  -
Kapeldreef 75,  B-3001 Leuven, Belgium  -  http://www.imec.be

<IMEC e-mail disclaimer:
http://www.imec.be/wwwinter/about/email-disclaimer.shtml>