PolyVinylPhenol already spun, baked on wafers

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue Oct 31 14:31:32 PST 2006

Hi all --

I understand from Jim Kruger that this request has been changed
slightly.  The request is now to spin coat this material at the headway
and heat cure on a hot plate.

The questions now with this new request change are:

1.  Is there a solvent that this polymer is dispersed in?  If so, what
is it and could we have the MSDS?
2.  Is the crosslinker a high MW compound?  If so, then I take it we
don't have to worry about vapors and TLV?
3.  What is the crosslinking reaction byproduct?  Is it formaldehyde?
If so, what kind of concentrations might be expected?

Basically, one general rule of thumb for organics is that we try to keep
to chemicals with toxicity less than that of chlorobenzene...  So, if
you could tell us a little more about your process and the chemistry
involved (well, actually, the potential exposure risks involved) it
would be extremely helpful...

Thanks!

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu