modernize

Diana Day haxohq at dmvt.com
Thu Sep 7 01:52:14 PDT 2006

By the way, while I think of it,will you tell me something? If it had been pyjamas, it would nothave been quite so terrible.
After her death its to go to the hospital in Charlottetown.
She had a hard man to please in Theodore Dark, butshe made him quite as good a wife as he deserved. She wished Uncle Pippin would not be so flippantand jocose.
Mrs Denzil had wanted Aunt Beckys beautiful silver Georgiancandlesticks. Aunt Becky looked sharply over the throng. Just then Destiny, with an impish chuckle, tapped him on theshoulder. Old Crosby wiped his brow with his handkerchief. They say itbrings bad luck, but youre too modern to believe that oldsuperstition, Virginia. The shawl was said to have cost Theodore Dark two hundreddollars. Ive always kept it wrapped in silver paperat the bottom of my third bureau drawer. On her death-bed she had given it to her daughterRachel, who had married Thomas Dark. Just then Destiny, with an impish chuckle, tapped him on theshoulder.
Ill give it toyou now, so therell be no mistake. You notice, said Aunt Becky, interrupting herself, that I sayDIED.
I have a mind to tell you something, Crosby, said Aunt Becky.
Aunt Becky took off her spectacles, polished them, put them onagain, and took a drink of water.
I suppose the poor bird thought no one else had a rightto be strutting around there. Oswald Dark suddenly came to the open window and lookedin at these foolish and distracted people. And it doesntmatter now whether he was or wasnt. To do the Darks and Penhallows justice,they were not money-grabbers. What the deuce do I care for Jordan water, thought Penny. Aunt Becky took off her spectacles, polished them, put them onagain, and took a drink of water.
Nobody thought the jug very beautiful in itself. I had a deep affection for all my partners, she said. She gotAunt Beckys Pilgrims Progress, a very old, battered book.
Do you remember,Artemas, the evening you walked up the church aisle in yournightshirt?
Ill give it toyou now, so therell be no mistake.