Material request: ZnS

Thu Sep 7 15:24:27 PDT 2006

Ben,

Some of the students already work with ZnCdS, so ZnS is not new to the
lab. I think they have done some sputter etching of their material in the
MRC. I will have to check on this point.  What materials do you want to
etch? To plasma etch ZnS, you need a CH4/H2/Ar process, which we do not
have.

	Jim

On Thu, 7 Sep 2006, Ben Chui wrote:

> Hello specmat committee,
>
>      On behalf of A.M.Fitzgerald and Associates, I'd like to submit a
> material request for ZnS.  This material will be deposited at an
> external vendor and we'd like to bring it into SNF for dry etching
> only.
>
>      To our knowledge, this material has been used at the Univ of
> Minnesota clean room for optical MEMS.
>
>      Please advice us as to whether this material is allowed in SNF
> and  if so in which machines.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Ben Chui

Jim McVittie, Ph.D.    			Senior Research Scientist
Allen Center for Integrated Systems     Electrical Engineering
Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Rm. 336, 330 Serra Mall			Fax: (650) 723-4659
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Tel: (650) 725-3640