Material request: ZnS

Ben Chui bwchui at gmail.com
Thu Sep 7 16:07:56 PDT 2006

Jim,

     We have to etch an optical stack which includes an alternating
Ge/ZnS/Ge/ZnS.... structure (each layer on the order of 1 micron
thick, i.e. the total stack will be multiple microns tall).  If we
can't etch ZnS in-house, we might have to send it outside, or it might
be easier anyway to do a thick liftoff process to avoid dry-etching
altogether (since a dry-etch would involve continually switching
between Ge etch and ZnS etch).  What do you recommend?

Ben