equal sign

Neville Espinosa gqey at friedmancpa.com
Thu Sep 7 18:45:13 PDT 2006

I felt a softarm steal about my shoulders and a tender voice spoke close to my ear. Navies, cities,whole nations could be wiped out by a single battle thus equipped. She put her strong, young arms about my neck and clung to me. From my left you will pass before him, one by one. Oh name of my first ancestor, if I could but hope, she cried. For some reason I thrilled to the thoughtof it. Themad dream of Phor Tak might easily come true and a maniac yet rule allBarsoom. I saw that it would be useless to attempt to reach Helium from here. Phao was behind her and I must give her credit for being as courageousas Tavia.
These were all scoutcruisers, carrying from ten to fifteen men. I shall return soon, I said, as I groped about the floor for the robeof invisibility.
There seemed but one explanation, but every fiber of my beingshrank even from considering it. The woman entered the room and stepped to one side of the doorway whichremained opened. As soon as they were both aboard, I followed them, closing the hatchafter me. It was so dark in the interior that I could see nothing, but presentlyI beard a voice close to me. As he faced Sanoma Tora his courtiers formed behind him. We were flying smoothly, slightly above the normal altitude ofbattleships.
This is how I gained entrance, I explained. Was Sanoma Tora, a slave, less desirable to methan Sanoma Tora, daughter of the rich Tor Hatan?
I shall landyou in the province of U-Gor!
Put your trust in me then and do as Ibid.
She pleases, and somehow I knewthat he meant Phao. We were alone in a small room, Sanoma Tora and I.
Was Sanoma Tora, a slave, less desirable to methan Sanoma Tora, daughter of the rich Tor Hatan? It was obvious that we must escape thisaccursed place as rapidly as possible.
Passing on beyond them we presently encountered the third line ofJaharian ships. I placed my ear close against theiron bars and listened.
There seemed but one explanation, but every fiber of my beingshrank even from considering it.
There were women of all agesand of every type, but there was none that was not beautiful.