SpecMat logsheet Sept. 12, 2006

Mon Sep 11 13:31:16 PDT 2006

Ed,

Regarding Zn, I believe pure Zn has been sputtered in Metallica a few
years back by Michael Wiemer and Rafael Aldaz. I think Simon Wong's
students have sputter etched ZnCdS in the MRC. As for Tylan #4, I believe
Simon's ZnCdS students are using a furnace over in Paul McIntyre's area.
Simon's students sometimes report processing details at the NVM mtgs,
which I attend.

	Jim

On Mon, 11 Sep 2006, Ed Myers wrote:

> SpecMat Members,
>
> The agenda for this week is very light.  It should be a quick meeting.
>
> I believe we have some pretty good agreement on most of the
> items.  The one I'm worried about is processing of ZnS.  Both of
> these elements are fall below the indium vapor pressure cut off.  We
> have approved ZnCdS deposition in the metallica, but with
> restrictions.  I have not logged any allowed Zn alloy processing in
> any other pieces of equipment.  We did have a complaint from a user
> who detected large quantities of Zn after processing in Tylan 4.
>
> Ed

Jim McVittie, Ph.D.    			Senior Research Scientist
Allen Center for Integrated Systems     Electrical Engineering
Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Rm. 336, 330 Serra Mall			Fax: (650) 723-4659
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Tel: (650) 725-3640