SpecMat logsheet Sept. 12, 2006

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Sep 11 14:36:55 PDT 2006

Hi everyone --

I had understood that Jim arranged for Mike/Rafael (Zn/Au?) and Zheng
(ZnCdS/ZnCdSe) have their own metalica inserts/spare parts, in order to
minimize possible cross-contamination.  They were also trained to
install and replace these parts...  Whatever is decided, we should be
consistent in administering the policy.  If we OK ZnS, we should be
consistent with previous practice, unless we decide that it is no longer
a good method for controlling contamination.

I take it, then, that materials containing Zn were never approved for
processing in tylan4?  And I'd like to double-check with everyone else
-- is our policy on tylans3 and 4 still to have everything SpecMat
approved on a case-by-case basis (or am I behind the times)?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu