Request to etch polymer

Thu Sep 28 09:20:35 PDT 2006

Yashesh,

Your data is from an RIE tool, which is a very different tool from an
asher. The Matrix asher has been designed to have no plasma or ion
bomdardment at wafer. Only excited Ox makes it to the wafer. The ashing is
a totally chemical process. In the case of Trion RIE tool, the wafer
receives a heavy ion bomdardment. This bomdardment is often critical to
remove polymers. Since your data is for an RIE tool, I suggest you look at
using the MRC rather than the matrix.

	Jim

Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu