PDMS in Innotec

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue Aug 7 15:46:57 PDT 2007

Hi all --

I believe this has been approved through SpecMat previously.  Neville
Mehenti was doing this (either through innotec or metallica) and a
couple other people as well.

The PDMS should be fully cured (i.e., not tacky/liquid).  The only
concern would be if the metal peeled off the PDMS while in the system --
this could happen if the substrate got too warm, as the thermal
expansion coefficient of PDMS is pretty high.  This is less of an issue
if the PDMS is thin and spun/cured onto substrates (doesn't expand much
if constrained.)

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu