PECVD Process Change Request

Mon Aug 27 16:18:34 PDT 2007

Ron,

We have seen this problem before with Al. Your approach is in the right
direction. Years ago, we developed a 300 C LTO process for this same
reason. In the LTO case we were limited to a min temp of 300C. We
deposited about 500A at 300C before finishing the deposition at 400C.
This gave a big improvement over a complete deposition at 400C.

For the PECVD system, the temp is kept at 350C to delay flaking from the
chamber walls so we can do more runs before cleaning the system. At this
time, I am not sure we have any of the data from the test runs used to
determine that it was best to leave the system at 350C. We will need to
talk to Jeanie and see what data before we can answer your request.

	Jim

On Mon, 27 Aug 2007, Ron Kuse wrote:

> I would like to change the temperature of PECVD STS tool from 350 deg. C
> to 300, 250, and 200 to investigate effect on pinhole formation when
> deposited on 100nm Al film.  At 350 deg. C, a large number of pinholes
> form.  Images are available upon request but will not be emailed as they
> include proprietary design information.  Thank you.

Jim McVittie, Ph.D.    			Senior Research Scientist
Allen Center for Integrated Systems     Electrical Engineering
Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Rm. 336, 330 Serra Mall			Fax: (650) 723-4659
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Tel: (650) 725-3640