SpecMat Logsheet 2/13/06

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Tue Feb 13 10:54:54 PST 2007

All,

Once again we will not be holding a meeting.  There is a conflict
with Paul's All Hands Meeting and we only have two request.

Item 240: perform long anneal.  In the literature this anneal is
usually done at 1150C for about 48 hours. When diffusing from both
surfaces of a 300 micron thick wafer, this results in a fairly
uniform oxygen profile throughout the wafer thickness. The literature
indicates that a oxygen level over 1e17/cm3 is necessary to gain the
full benefits of this approach.  Oxygen diffusion has a temperature
dependence such that it roughly doubles every 50C.
Recommendation:  Somehow we should be able to get this done by
working with Chris Kenney.  There is a huge barrier to running
temperature anneal for so long due to quartz sagging.  We will
determine if lower temperatures is viable or they would like to
purchase replacement quartz.  I have also contacted a friend in the
silicon supply industry to see if they can find the required material
or someone to run the anneals.

Item 241: Bring in AZ, 50XT
Recommendation:  Approved by Mahnaz