Fusion contamination classification

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Jan 8 12:06:35 PST 2007

Hi all --

My two cents'...  taking a conservative approach, I would suggest
considering a rinse step before the Fusion step.  The reason is that if
there is alkali metal (or other mobile ion) contaminant on the backside,
even 120 C can be sufficient for driving in something deep enough to
cause voltage shifts later in the process.  There might also be
accumulated contaminants on the chuck/wafer handling tools which could
transfer to wafers as they are processed on the system.

Taking a less conservative approach, we do not seem to have complaints
about mobile ion contamination in our baseline now -- and we are
vulnerable at the Gasonics, since temperatures can be quite high there
-- and I'd suspect the Fusion would render wafers as susceptible as the
Gasonics would.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu