Fwd: RE: 150C PECVD

Wed Jun 20 10:11:33 PDT 2007

Ed,

THe reason the tool is kept up at 350C is particle control. You can put
more dep onto the walls of the reactor without it flaking off if you keep
it at a constant temperature. It is a thin film stress issue.  If you are
willing to live with more particles or to do a chamber clean, there is no
big problem lowing the temperature. You will see a decease in dep rate at
lower temp. I some process data from a similar Plasmatherm PECVD system.
For both oxide and nitride, they give a dep temp range of 350 to 100C.

	Jim

On Wed, 20 Jun 2007, Ed Myers wrote:

> All,
>
> We have an open request for lowering the temperature for a few STS
> PECVD runs.  Jeanine is not very comfortable with this when I talked
> with her a few weeks ago.  At the time, she was concerned about how
> the system was functioning.  Jim has worked on the tool and the
> performance is much better, although we have some Low Frequency oxide problems.
>
> My understanding is, low temperature depositions have been done in
> the past.  I do not know if there was any problems or is this is
> something we should be able to support when requested.  The users are
> anxious to test the process.  I would like to give them a quick
> response.  Jeanine is on vacation, so we tneed to make the decision
> without her knowledge.
>
> Ed

> >From: "Alexander Driskill-Smith" <alexander.driskill-smith at grandisinc.com>
> >To: "'Ed Myers'" <edmyers at stanford.edu>
> >Cc: "'Yunfei Ding'" <yunfei.ding at grandisinc.com>,
> >         "Shengyuan Wang" <shengyuan.wang at grandisinc.com>
> >Subject: RE: 150C PECVD
> >Date: Tue, 19 Jun 2007 18:41:41 -0700
> >
> >Ed,
> >
> >Thanks for the brief discussion in the gowning room today. We're keen to try
> >out the STS at 150 degrees C as soon as possible - I'm hoping sometime this
> >week - so do please let me know as soon as you have spoken with the
> >appropriate people. We can come in to the Fab anytime tomorrow (Wednesday),
> >Thursday afternoon or anytime Friday to try out the process for the first
> >time.
> >
> >Best regards,
> >
> >Alex
> >

> >The contents of this email message and any attachments are confidential and
> >are intended solely for addressee. The information or ideas contained herein
> >or attached hereto may also be legally privileged and will remain the
> >property of the disclosing party. No license or other rights to any
> >confidential information is granted or implied hereby. If you have received
> >this transmission in error, any use, reproduction or dissemination of this
> >transmission is strictly prohibited and enforceable by law. If you are not
> >the intended recipient, please immediately notify the sender by reply email
> >or at 408-945-2160 and delete this message and its attachments, if any.

Jim McVittie, Ph.D.    			Senior Research Scientist
Allen Center for Integrated Systems     Electrical Engineering
Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Rm. 336, 330 Serra Mall			Fax: (650) 723-4659
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Tel: (650) 725-3640