Use of Kr/Xe/Ar in the lab

gaurav thareja gthareja at gmail.com
Thu Mar 1 00:40:38 PST 2007

We plan to use Argon in the new low Temp Oxidation tool from TEL. We
definitely need to check the tool capability, but I wanted to know if it is
posible to use Krypton or Xenon gas in the Cleanroom.

These are noble gases used for plasma oxidation and nitradation. These gases
would provise us a bigger process window and produce better quality oxides.

Instead of running a line into the clean room, can we use these gases from
bottles, becasue I feel that the cost involved in running a line may be
high.

your feedback would help

cheers
-gaurav