Request To Bring A Silane To SNF

Claudia Richter crichter at completegenomics.com
Thu May 3 11:19:54 PDT 2007

Dear Specmat Committee,

I'd like to request to bring in to SNF
3-aminopropyldimethylethoxysilane. The amine part of this silane is
important for further derivatization of the surface of our substrates.

The process plan is to use this silane to coat silicon wafers (with
oxide). This silane is diluted down to a solution that is 1% in
isopropanol (99.98%) or DI water. The solution poured into a dish/beaker
large enough to accommodate the wafers. The wafers are dipped in this
solution and rinsed with isopropanol and water; then dried with an air
gun. The proposed plan is to do this in the solvent bench in the
lithography room and use the existing carboy that is provided to collect
the waste or have our own waste bottle to collect this waste.

Attached is the MSDS sheet. We would like to begin this process within
the next week. Please contact me for any questions or further
information.

Sincerely,

Claudia

Claudia M. Richter