Request To Bring A Silane To SNF

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu May 3 17:23:04 PDT 2007

Hi Claudia --

This chemical (or very similar compound) has been OKed to use in the lab
with certain caveats. But, I have a number of questions (and maybe the
other SpecMat'ers may have more):

- Will you be storing the chemical here?
- I would strongly suggest that you use your own dedicated labware for this.
- Is there any reason this needs to be done in the litho area? If not,
wbsolvent would be a better place (surface modification processing is
generally a bad idea in the litho area - cross-contamination, such as
with used glassware, can drastically affect surface properties of other
people's substrates.)
- If you are using IPA, dispose of waste in the solvent carboy. If you
are using water, please process at wbgeneral and aspirate waste or
collect locally.
- What kind of processing in the lab will be done subsequent to your
surface modification and where?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu