Request To Bring A Silane To SNF

Claudia Richter crichter at completegenomics.com
Fri May 4 12:46:50 PDT 2007

Hi Mary,

Ideally, we'd like the chemical to be stored at SNF. Would the chemical
be ok to store in the flammable cabinet behind the furnaces? We plan on
getting our own designated labware(Pyrex or polypropylene) for this
process on these test wafers. We can most certainly use the solvent
bench in the wbsolvent. This process does not require being in the litho
room.

All further processing on these substrates will be brought back in-house
(the company) for testing and/or processing.

Claudia

- Will you be storing the chemical here?

Ideally
- I would strongly suggest that you use your own dedicated labware for
this.
- Is there any reason this needs to be done in the litho area? If not,
wbsolvent would be a better place (surface modification processing is
generally a bad idea in the litho area - cross-contamination, such as
with used glassware, can drastically affect surface properties of other
people's substrates.)
- If you are using IPA, dispose of waste in the solvent carboy. If you
are using water, please process at wbgeneral and aspirate waste or
collect locally.
- What kind of processing in the lab will be done subsequent to your
surface modification and where?

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu