Hf in P5000 Ch.A

Mon May 21 19:14:29 PDT 2007

Hi Eric,

Hf is very similar to Zr. Some years back we did a detailed study of Zr
etching is the P5000 where we focused on contamiation issues. We found Cl2
is very effective in removing Zr. I beleve Hf has been etched by several
students over the year in the P-5000. I can check on this last point when
I get back.

	Jim

On Mon, 21 May 2007, Eric Perozziello wrote:

> ERICP
>
> Hf deposited in SCT or Sematech
>
> Vendor will either be SNF's SCT or Sematech's CMOS fab.
> (these films were previously introduced by Intel in ~2003).
>
> Process flow is roughly:
> clean SiO2 or HfSixOy, followed by Hf, followed by Al
> (gate stack used by Sematech, and others)
> litho
> P5000 etch (Ch.A Metal chamber, Cl2/BCl3 chemistry)
> strip
>
> (All materials will be in the form of thin film
> on Si wafer only. )
>
> It would be best for us to know if we can put Hf
> in the P5000 ChA in a one week timeframe if possible.
>
> Thanks,
> -Eric

Jim McVittie, Ph.D.    			Senior Research Scientist
Allen Center for Integrated Systems     Electrical Engineering
Stanford University             	jmcvittie at stanford.edu
Rm. 336, 330 Serra Mall			Fax: (650) 723-4659
Stanford, CA 94305-4075			Tel: (650) 725-3640