Tweezer Cleaning Process Generates Lots of Particles

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Mon Nov 5 15:04:03 PST 2007

Yes, we ought to get rid of the Delrin tweezer clean.  I understand that
we use Delrin because they are inexpensive.  What is the cost of the
CTFE tweezers?  Also, I've heard some people complain that teflon
tweezers are "slippery".  It would be helpful to get a few samples.

Mary

Ed Myers wrote:
> Whoops, here is the CTFE resistance.
>
> At 02:35 PM 11/5/2007, Ed Myers wrote:
>> I've looked over a number of web sites related to chemical resistance
>> of plastics.  Jim is right, Delrin does not fit with our cleaning
>> procedure.  It has low chemical resistance to most acids, but is fine
>> with our solvents.  Looking for an alternative, the leading
>> candidates come from the fluorocarbon plastics such as CTFE.  It so
>> happens we stock a CTFE tweezers.
>>
>> 567 Fluorocarbon (CTFE) for use in Chemical Processing of
>> semiconductors. Withstands Hydrofluoric and other acid,.
>> Resists radiation. 6-3/8"x15/32" body
>> tapering down to .009" by 3/32" at Tweezer Tips Extra long with
>> line-up pin guide.
>>
>> We should review the cost of these tweezers and decide if we want to
>> stock CTFE exclusively or make not of appropriate cleans and
>> applications for the different wafer types.  At the very least we
>> need to stop the mentioned cleaning procedure on the Delrin version.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Ed
>>

>> At 02:50 PM 9/10/2007, Jim McVittie wrote:
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I have a problem with our recommended cleaning procedure for Delrin
>>> tweezers.  It attacks the Delrin surface and causes the tweezers to
>>> leave
>>> particles on the wafers.  Today, I was helping a student do a TEL
>>> plasma
>>> oxidation. When he loaded his wafer, we spotted particles. We traced

mtang at stanford.edu