Electronic MSDS for polyimide and adhesion promoter

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Nov 9 11:09:04 PST 2007

Hi Matt --

Thanks for the MSDS's!  One more thing...  If your use of the polyimide
and adhesion promoter extend beyond what is listed below for the
"standard" process,  please provide a general process flow, listing the
equipment and specific steps in which your polyimide-containing
substrates will be processed.

1.  Please provide an MSDS for the specific formulation you plan to
use.  Send it, preferably in electronic format, to
specmat at snf.stanford.edu.  If there are any associated adhesion or
anti-adhesion coatings, developers, or removers that are not
lab-standard, we also require MSDS's for these.

2.  Please include a process flow for how you plan to use your polyimide
(if there are any deviations from the standard process), where you plan
to use it (which equipment and wet stations), and how you plan to
dispose of any waste or excess materials/chemicals.

Generic polyimide process:

1.  Spin coating may be done ONLY on headway2 (NOT svgcoat or laurell
stations).  Fresh polyimide can be cleaned up with NMP or excess
acetone.  Spin chuck and parts should be cleaned up as soon as possible
after coating.  Personal or dedicated wafer handling tools must be used
(do NOT used the general, shared litho cassettes.)

2.  Blue M oven can be used for curing the resin (programmable up to
about 350 C).  Do NOT use the singe or YES ovens.  Hot plates may be
used for curing or partial curing of resins ONLY at temperatures BELOW
200C.

3.  Only cured polyimide is allowed in tools in the white area of the
lab.  A specmat request must be submitted to process wafers with cured
polyimide in tools other than gold-contaminated equipment.

mtang at stanford.edu