New material request: polystyrene microspheres in aqueous suspension

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Oct 22 10:04:46 PDT 2007

Aaron,

Yes, it is true latex microspheres are not new to
the fab.  There is however limitations on how and
where they can be used in the fab.  Please do not
take this approval as an open approval for
microspheres, just approval of your outlined
process flow.   It is important the spheres be
brought in to the fab in solution and not in the dry form.

Reviewing your proposed process, the sphere
ashing should be done in Dryteck 1.  You must
also collect your Ag etchant locally.  This
includes all of the rinse water as well.  None of
the Ag solutions are allowed to be aspirated or
dumped down the drains.  Remember any solutions
which are brought in to the fab needs to have a
yellow chemical label.  These can be picked up from Manhaz.

I am aware I've been very derelict in my specmat
responsibilities.  I apologize for this.

Regards,
Ed