Initial discussion on working with SNF for processing PbS

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Thu Oct 25 15:35:31 PDT 2007

Hi all --

I just spoke with Jess and Jim Kruger.  Jim is doing the work.  Envisage
would like to use our wafersaw/cmp room to spin coat or dip wafers in
PbS nanoparticles from various solvents and then do some dry etching in
the lab.  The  encapsulation is not likely to be done here since we do
not have the capability they need.

I think that as long as they have good handling practices and don't
store a lot of chemicals here, it would be OK for them to use the
solvent bench and spin coater there as needed.  Jim is advising them on
the dry etching and will keep them honest.  The only chemical I have
some mild qualms over is chloroform, since its PEL is quite low, but if
it's in the utility room and they are careful, I think it's not really
too much of a problem.

What do you all think?  They want to join safety training on Monday.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu