Bismuth evaporation request

linyouc at stanford.edu linyouc at stanford.edu
Tue Apr 22 16:11:30 PDT 2008

Dear Committee,

I am writing to kindly request approval of my using bismuth at
Innotech. The related information about this application is listed as
following:

Contact Information
Name: Linyou Cao
Coral login: linyoucao
Phone number: 650-723-6467
Email address: linyouc at stanford.edu
PI: Prof. Mark L. Brongersma

Material.
Common names: Bi
Trade names: Bismuth
CAS numbers:7440-69-9
MSDS: Attached

Vendor/manufacturer info:
ESPI
1050 Benson Way
Ashland, OR 97520
Email:sales at espimetals.com
Phone:800.638.2581,541.488.8311 FAX: 800.488.0060,541.488.8313

Reason for request &Process Flow:
Using Innotech to evaporate thin film (< 1 nm) of Bismuth onto silicon wafer

Amount and form:
~50 gram
Solid pellets

Storage:
In my own lab.

As a part of application, the MSDS form for Bismuth is attached. I
would very much appreciate your time to evaluate and approve my
application as soon as possible.

Sincerely

Linyou

--