GaAs in CPD

Mary Tang mtang at
Wed Apr 30 13:31:53 PDT 2008

Hi all --

A labmember has requested training on the critical point dryer.  This
person wants to process GaAs substrates.  Uli is wondering if there are
any SpecMat concerns with this.

Some thoughts:

The CPD is officially "gold".  There is no high temperature processing
or acid in the processing, so free As is not a concern.  Uli's concern
is what to do if a piece shatters inside the CPD.  How do we clean it
up?  We allow GaAs in litho and if a piece shatters in the headway2, it
can be cleaned up.  But it is under a ventilated hood, whereas the CPD
is not.

What do you all think?

mtang at