Nickel Substrates for Photolithography

Kevin Crabb kcrabb at stanford.edu
Wed Aug 20 15:27:56 PDT 2008

Hi Mahnaz,

The flatness of the 125 micron nickel is within a few (1 to 2 or maybe 3)
percent over the 4" diameter.  (They were pressed flat during cutting to
100mm diameter circles)  The surface roughness isn't great.local variation
on the order of 10s of nanometers, but if necessary, I plan to mechanically
polish the surface with diamond grit sandpaper to smooth it out.  The
lithography features that I'm hoping to get vary from 10-100 microns
diameter circles (mostly), so I'm not too worried about the lithography
process itself.  I'm more just wanting to make sure that I won't contaminate
other people's samples/wafers with nickel.

Kevin

  _____