material request - Stycast W 19 epoxy

Peter Chen jwpchen at stanford.edu
Sat Aug 30 03:27:11 PDT 2008

Hi specmat,

Here is my request:

Material - Stycast W 19 epoxy, Catalyst 11, Catalyst 9, from Emerson
and Cuming

Where -
(1) a litho bench (for the exhaust)
(2) standard litho flow (after epoxy cure)
(3) PR lift-off in Metallica
(4) alternatively, polyimide flow at laurell then lift-off in Gryphon

Process -
(1) Insertion chiplets into backside of pocketed wafer. Mix, apply,
and cure epoxy at a wetbench (for exhaust). Epoxy only used on
backside of wafer.
(2) Downstream to standard litho equipment for other (non-epoxy) litho
steps on frontside
(3) PR lift-off process in Metallica
(4) polyimide lift-off in Gryphon if that can be approved.

Notes -
(1) I don't need a litho bench per se, I would just like an approved
place that has enough exhaust and 120C hotplate for curing
(2) Epoxy will be applied by syringe or pipette to chiplet insertion
sites only. Goal is to achieve a reconstituted wafer.
(3) Cured epoxy should easily handle 155C.
(4) The raw epoxy and catalyst can be stored at room temperature,
preferably in lab.
(5) After chiplet insertion into wafer backside, my process is to have
metal lift-off on frontside to complete the electrical contacts. I
need to cover some frontside topography, hence sputtering.

I have attached datasheet and MSDS. Please let me know if there are
other things I should bring to specmat.

Thanks,
-Peter Chen