Au colloids solution and APTES aqueous solution

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Fri Feb 29 10:43:14 PST 2008

Hi Shu Hu --

I am afraid we have not yet allowed metal nanoparticles in solution into
the lab, especially for spin-coating.  The reason is that spin coating
results in a spray of solution which quickly dries, leaving floating
nanoparticles which can be blown around the station by the exhaust.
This can contaminate the bench and damage other people's work.  We have
allowed latex spheres, because they are not conductive and can be
removed by standard resist clean processes.  So, do not bring in metal
nanoparticles in solution into the lab.

(Nanoparticles which are adhered to substrates, however, are allowed in
the fab in certain stations.  Obviously, your use would be restricted to
gold contaminated equipment.)

We do, however, have a spin coater outside the lab for this very
purpose.  It is not the best coater, but is functional.  If you have
taken all-litho and are qualified on one of the manual coaters, I can
show you the system.  It is not inside the lab and there is no lab fee
for using it.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu