wafers from Belfast

Deborah Gunning d.gunning at physics.gla.ac.uk
Tue Jan 15 03:16:01 PST 2008

Dear SpecMat Committee,

I would like your advice/approval on processing I hope to carry out when I
return to the lab in February.  I had been processing wafers at SNF using
clean equipment up until the end of last year.  Over December/January, I
sent the wafers to Queen's University Belfast to have further processing
done and am now hoping to bring them back in to SNF to have aluminium
deposited and etched using the Gryphon and p5000 respectively.  I realise
that since the wafers have been processed at an outside vendor there may
be an issue with contaminants.  I have spoken with the engineer at QUB and
have his assurance that they also have restrictions on their equipment and
there should certainly be no contamination in particular from gold,
copper, nickel, potassium.  At the moment I am also waiting for an EDX
analysis on substrates which I have had returned from Belfast but this may
take a few more days.

For your information, the details of the process steps performed at QUB
follow:

10nm PVD Ti
500nm LPCVD W
4um doped LPCVD  polySi

The Gryphon and p5000 steps are critical to my process and I hope that you
will be able to help in any way you can.  I will be prepared to do any
decontamination steps/cleans that could be necessary on these machines
were I able to use them.

Regards,

Debbie