4160 SEM

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Wed Jan 23 15:31:27 PST 2008

Yeah, you're right, we should settle this and make our documentation
consistent. My opinion: it's a "litho" tool. It was designed for in-line
CD measurement so should be able to handle samples which outgas to a
higher degree than what can be tolerated by the Sirion. That said, we
should establish some sort of minimal resist treatment, though granted
this might have to change with the type of resist. As for gold, I think
there have been a number of discussions about it -- one conclusion being
(if I recall correctly) that as a low voltage SEM, the likelihood of
sputtering gold from a gold-contaminated sample onto the chamber walls
which could sputter back onto "clean" samples was pretty low.

It seems if we categorize it as a "litho" tool, then anything that goes
back into the fab must undergo standard cleans before any high
temperature processing. This should avoid concerns of
cross-contamination, at least within the framework we've established
thus far.

Mary

mtang at stanford.edu