Request for New Chemical Approval- PI-5878G and VM-651

Mary Tang mtang at stanford.edu
Tue Jul 1 17:46:08 PDT 2008

Hi Cathy --

Your VM-651 has been previously approved.  It should have a yellow label
for storing in the lab in the flammables cabinet (personal chemicals
area.)  Be aware that this is an organosilane much like HMDS -- it is
low molecular weight/high vapor pressure and is very for you or anyone
else to inhale.

The polyimide should be OK, but be aware that the tri-methyl benzene,
which is a likely carcinogen.  Be cautious in handling and using.
Please get a yellow label to store.

As for the process, what you've outline is fine -- I especially
appreciate your developing the resist/etching the PI in a beaker (and
not the svgdev -- THANKS!)

So, your chemicals are approved.  Please obtain yellow labels and
register your chemicals with Mahnaz when they arrive.

mtang at stanford.edu