Fwd: New Material Request

Ed Myers edmyers at stanford.edu
Mon Jul 7 16:54:18 PDT 2008

All,

I found the vapor pressure of lead sulfide.  It is 850C at 1mm
Hg.  This is below our indium cut-off (~1200C) for the deposition
chambers.  RTA of lead always results in lead loss.  We do have other
lab members doing RTA on lead based materials in the table top systems.

What are your thoughts about the deposition chambers.

Trade Name: Lead Sulfide
III PHYSICAL DATA
Boiling Point: 1281 oC
Melting Point: 1114 oC
Vapor Density: N/A
Vapor Pressure (mm Hg): 1 mm at 852 oC
% Volatile: N/E or N/A
Specific Gravity (H2O=1): 7.5 gm/cc
Appearance and Odor: Black powder, no odor.
Solubility in H2O: Insoluble